Immediately after our all-ages online worship service this Sunday (29 March 2020), we will have our online religious education class for children and youth. This online session is for children, youth, and the adult caregivers / parents in their lives.
This Sunday — “Covenant is All the Time!”
We will be using the religious education Zoom link (click on the link to download Zoom, if you don’t have it already and then join the class).
As Unitarian Universalists, we all make covenants (the promises we make to each other about the way we will be together).
That’s true when we’re in religious education classes with our friends, that’s true for our whole church, and that’s even true for all of the Unitarian Universalist Association!
Our Seven Principles are a covenant.
We make covenants for all the time we spend together, even when we aren’t together in the same room.
At this Sunday’s service, Rev. Barbara will be talking about strengthening the web.
Covenants are one way that we strengthen the web that connects us all.
This Sunday, we’ll all work together to make our covenant.
If you like, you can help me think of some ways that people treat each other when they are acting according to covenant, and draw a picture to show that.
- How people act when they consider every person important and valuable
- How people act when they believe everyone should be treated fairly and kindly
- How people act when they support each other and learn together
- How people act when they work to see that everyone gets a vote
- How people act when they believe in peace, liberty, and justice for all
- How people act when they believe that we are connected to each other and to all life on earth?
Pick one or more of these, draw a picture that tells that story, and we’ll make a covenant in words and pictures
Join us on the religious education Zoom Link about 5 minutes after the worship service (click on the link to download Zoom, if you don’t have it already and then join the class).