If you missed the 5 October 2020 online event, you can still see an encore presentation Thursday in October 2020 at 5:00 PM.
You will also learn how to talk to your family and friends about this very damaging amendment.
What Amendment 5 Would Do
- Amendment 5 would allow industrial corporations to negotiate what they pay in property taxes, while the rest of us pay what the law requires.
- It would defund public education, pull money away from roads, bridges, healthcare and hurricane recovery and shift the tax burden to working families and small businesses.
- The ballot language was “engineered to intentionally confuse the average American voter,” as one reporter put it.
That’s why the community education campaign we’re starting is so important.
Attendees for this event will receive:
- Clear, concise information about where Constitutional Amendment 5 came from and the impact it would have
- A packet of educational material and social media posts to share with your congregation, organizational members, clients, customers, neighbors and local media
- Information about how to get involved in the campaign to defeat Amendment 5