Please join us on Saturday (14 September 2019) from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM for our monthly building and grounds work day.
We have several tasks available this week, most of them indoors! Check it out:
- We need 2 people to remove and replace a small section of carpet in the blue bathroom.
- We need LOTS of people to wash and clean the playground structures.
- We need someone, or a few someones, to dust pulpit, pews, and altar table in the sanctuary, and clean chairs and tables in the classroom.
- For the little ones, we need all of our old markers tested to see how many have bitten the dust.
Deborah Warren has volunteered to bring lunch for the crew.
For more information, call Earlene Venable at 318-205-9971.
Hope to see you Saturday!
Please join us on Saturday (13 July 2019) from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM for our monthly building and grounds work day.
The work of maintaining the physical home of our faith community is done primarily by US, the members and friends of the congregation. Join us for the whole time, or just an hour or so if your Saturday is busy.
We have tasks both indoors and out, for all ages and levels of ability.
Please join us on Saturday (8 June 2019) from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM for our monthly building and grounds work day.
Most of the care and maintenance of our physical church home is done by us — the members and friends of All Souls.
This is a great opportunity for you not only to contribute to the stewardship of our surroundings and also to get to know your fellow church members and strengthen our community.
Come for the whole time or just an hour or two if that’s all you can spare.
And if your day’s too busy to stick around, consider dropping off snacks for the crew — see you this Saturday!
In accordance with the Bylaws of our church and as Secretary of the Board, I hereby announce that All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church will hold a Congregational Meeting in the sanctuary.
Date/Time: Sunday (19 May 2019) after the worship service
- On the Agenda:
- Elect four members of the board:
- President — Bennett Upton
- Treasurer — Rebecca Tuggle
- 2 members at large — Cindy Mandarino and Ernie Cowger.
- Elect members to the Committee on Ministry.
- Re-evaluate the 2019 budget to determine choices to be made concerning staff summer employment.
Please make every effort to attend.
All active members should attend this meeting or give their proxies to those who can.
Inactive members and friends of the church are invited and encouraged to participate, but bylaws stipulate that only those members who have been active 30 days or longer may vote.
We must have a quorum — childcare provided.
Please join us on Saturday (11 May 2019) for our monthly building and grounds work day.
The work of our physical church home is mostly done by us — the members and friends of the congregation.
If the weather turns out to be severe, stay safe, but if it’s just a little wet and manageable, we can tackle some of the indoor tasks such as sprucing up classrooms, changing the hallway bulletin board, shredding old papers, etc.
Come and join us for the whole time if you’re available, or give as much time as you can.
If your day is too jammed with other stuff, consider dropping off some snacks for the crew.